Wednesday, February 09, 2005

No More Apologies

I guess I’m way cool now that I have a blog. Maybe I should be like that fancy banker who writes for Power Line, Scott “Little Trunk” Johnson, and go after poor people as if I were a rabid dog. But no, I’m still just a boring old journalist who’s interested in quaint old things like, say, comforting the afflicted, and, oh, I don’t know, afflicting the comfortable.

Speaking of The Little Trunk, he was on the O’Rightwingnoise Factor last night, whining about my paper not apologizing for running a column by the distinguished journalist Bill Moyers. Of course, O’Rightwingnoise didn’t ask, and Little Trunk didn’t offer whether James Half-Watt (or some other wingnut sugar daddy) was paying him for his vicious attacks on Moyers. Bill Moyers has received the Harvard Medical School's Global Environment Citizen Award. The best award Scott Johnson has received is the Nick Coleman Littlest Trunk of the Year Award.

Little Trunk and his Powertool friends like to pretend that they are good Christians, but since when has it been Christian to bear false witness against an ordained Baptist minister like Bill Moyers? I guess I missed Sunday school that day.

I’m proud of my paper for refusing to apologize for the Bill Moyers piece. We’ve been doing way too much apologizing to the rum-swillers lately.