Tuesday, February 15, 2005

THOSE RIGHT-WING SHOCK JOCKS HAVE GONE TOO FAR

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that the right-wing-nuts have absolutely no sense of decency. Now some monkey shock jocks have started a “satirical” talk show on some 5-Watt radio station in which they pretend to be me spouting illogical nonsense. They couldn’t even come up with a “host” who sounded remotely like me (I have a much deeper, manlier voice than that monkey). And the “satire” is incredibly bad. The comments they attribute to me should at least be in the same galaxy as rational thought.

Today they had on a caller, supposedly from Edina, who stated that the enlightenment led to the French Revolution which led to the American Revolution and then accused the religious right of not knowing anything about history. Very funny, ha ha ha.

Of course, no one is actually foolish enough to believe that a journalist with my non-partisan reputation would ever do a partisan show – especially a partisan show that airs from 7AM to 9AM. A fancy banker might be able to get away with showing up at work after 9 everyday, but not a working-stiff journalist. Besides, I couldn’t possibly do 10 hours of radio a week AND do all the research, interviewing, and fact-checking needed to write three Coleman-quality columns each week.

Those shock jocks better steer clear of me.